
As soon as we cleaned up from Thanksgiving I got to work getting our Christmas decor up. The house looks really festive and it's cold enough now that we have been using the fireplace so it feels extra Christmasy. After Miles is asleep I love to curl up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate and just watch the fire with the tree lights shimmering nearby. We still haven't hung our outdoor lights, but hopefully we'll get that done early this week. Right now it's just too cold to be stringing lights. Thanks to the internet I'm nearly done with my shopping. All of the sudden I'm feeling quite caught up.


I decided to forgo the holiday mayhem at the local portrait studios and just take pictures for our Christmas cards at home. I think the candid shots you get at home are usually better anyway. We did our homespun portrait shoot this morning and I've got my cards on order. Miles is pretty tolerant of the Santa hat and wears it without much resistance. The cats on the other hand are certain the furry Santa hat is some sort of animal intruder. They keep attacking it and dragging it from room to room. Animals are so weird some times.





1 comment:
Looks great! I always take my own pictures of the kids for our Christmas cards too. Every year I pull out the previous year’s card and compare them. :)
We had a wonderful time visiting with you, Miles and your parents! Miles is a cutie. It looks like your new house is ready for Christmas. Very nice.
Take Care,
Amy
Post a Comment