Monday, November 10, 2008

A Good Week

This week we transitioned Miles to table foods and he did really well. His favorites include: bananas, grapes, cheese, peas, carrots, and peanut butter toast. Yesterday he ate an entire banana in one sitting. I hope we don't pay for that in today's diapers. We spent the weekend enjoying some of our last nice days outside. We took a walk at the park, played on our backyard swing, and just let Miles crawl around the yard. It's a good thing too because today it's cold and wet.

To top off an already great week we booked our next Disney vacation and I have to say that sometimes it really pays to be a geek. I was reading the Disney discussion board I frequent and I stumbled across a fantastic offer- buy 4 days/nights, get 3 free, plus a free $200 gift card. I found really good airfare through Southwest which sealed the deal. We're booked for Jan 24-31. I know it's really soon, but I will only go in value season so it was either Jan or Feb. I found the best airfare for Jan so that was it. It feels kind of indulgent to be going again so soon, but having a little extra money for things like this is exactly why I overload myself 16 weeks out of the year and teach a couple of classes on the side. I can't wait! I'm telling everyone I know because this price is a steal. The deal is good Jan- June, but you have to book by Dec 20th. I keep an eye on all things Disney and I'm telling you deals like this just don't come around that often.


Loves his rider, but so far can only go backwards. We listen to the song it plays at least 20 times a day. Miles is a sucker for buttons. We also listen to the phone and the toilet in his Little People house a lot. Casey jokes and says the phone keeps ringing because the water company is calling on account of the excessive flushing.


Enjoying the sun.


Miles is an outdoor boy. I'm not sure what we are going to do this winter when it gets too cold to go out.


Miles is walking more and more every day, but for the most part he still prefers his signature monkey crawl.

No comments: