1. He loves TV entirely too much. He doesn't watch a lot, but he definitely wants to watch more. He finds the remote himself and brings it to you whining for the TV to be turned on. When you tell him it isn't time for TV he gets mad. He loves Blues Clues and will sit glued to the TV through an entire 20 minute episode. We have started hiding our remotes and I think I'm going to have to keep the TV armoire closed to prevent melt downs.
2. He is also drawn to buttons like a magnet. The computer, the printer, the DVD player, the DVR, the remote, phones, car alarms- if it has a button he is all over it. All our electronics are getting extra abuse these days.
3. He's biting. Not in aggression so I think it just feels good to his new teeth to chomp. He likes to chew on your clothes if you are holding him and more often than not he gets a bite of skin. I have small bruises all over my left shoulder from his little nips and I can tell you that his bites pack a punch. I guess I can at least be thankful he is not in daycare biting all the other kids. We are encouraging him to bite his chew toys, but he still sneaks one on me several times a day.
4.He has started waking up at night... a lot. Sometimes he goes right back to sleep and sometimes he needs lots of cajoling. It's tiresome to say the least. It's been hard to pin point a cause because he has so much going on. He's teething, he's eating new foods, he's taking only one nap now, and he's dealing with the time change. I'm going to try to go back to two naps a day and see if I can firm up his schedule a bit. Hopefully that helps.
As for me I am preparing to host our first Thanksgiving in the new house. I planned my menu this weekend and I am going over all the details. I also started my Christmas shopping so that when the tree goes up we have gifts to put underneath. It feels kind of like the holidays snuck up on me this year. Time is just flying by. I 'm making Casey help me with the gifts for his side of the family since he thinks picking out gifts is a cinch. It should be interesting to see what he comes up with.

I look too cute to be causing so much trouble.

I have no idea why the green crayon has teeth marks on it.





1 comment:
Ah, to see the world from Miles eyes... Everything is so exciting! When Ethan was around 2 years old he wanted to watch TV and we limited his viewing time, but his temper got the best of him and he threw the remote and it hit my antique bookcase and broke the glass! I think that was the first time we had to discipline Mr. Ethan! :) I remember I sat him in a corner and told him he had to stay there for 2 minutes and explained why. He just looked at me with amazement because for the first time his cute little smile didn't work on Mommy!!!
And have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We will be in OKC next week so I’ll have to stop by and visit with you and your parents sometime! And I love to meet Miles. He sounds like a lot of fun...
~Amy
Post a Comment