Today Miles went for his one year check up and he is a perfectly healthy, happy boy. He weighed in at 24 lbs and 4 ounces which was at the 75th percentile for his age and he measured 32 inches tall which was in the 95th percentile for his age. The doctor commented that his height is considered average for a 19 month old. Who knows where he gets that. The doctor said babies at 12 months usually can say anywhere from 0-5 words. Miles knows hi, daddy, duh(duck), and dada(mommy) so I guess he's right on track. He's babbling up a storm so I'm sure he start adding more words soon. The doctor asked if he was walking and I said no, but he was getting close. She said 12 months is average, but it was nothing to worry about. After the doctor's visit I took Miles to grandma's house and while we were there he took 3 steps totally unassisted. He's very cautious and I almost feel bad because he really prefers to hold your hand. We kept ourselves just out of reach and he took a few shaky steps towards grandma. We have a walker!
The trees are all turning and I snapped this picture outside my office. I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but it's gorgeous. I love this time of year.





No comments:
Post a Comment