
Last week we celebrated Casey's 36th birthday. I actually cooked a steak supper complete with Casey's favorite- German chocolate cake... noteworthy because I don't normally cook, especially not on weekdays. Sunday we went to the movies and saw The Watchmen (Casey's choice). Casey loves that book so even though the movie hadn't been getting great reviews he wanted to check it out. He liked it; I thought it was okay. I was thrilled to find a good b-day gift since Casey is sooo hard to shop for. I found 2 Liverpool t-shirts online (Casey's favorite soccer team) and surprised him. One we are returning, but one he loves so score for me.
A while back I bought a baby sign language book for 50 cents at a resell store. Recently Miles has taken a real interest in that book and he's actually learning the signs. The first time he used a sign in conversation his face just lit up at my response and I realized how exciting it was for him to be understood. He's had a language explosion this last month and it seems like he says a new word every day, but a lot of times it's hard to understand his baby talk. He's learning signs like crazy. He knows mommy, daddy, baby, eat, drink, more, banana, apple, frog, dog, pig, flower, hat, bird, fish, and phone. He just beams when he makes a sign and we understand.
Last week we had a big hail storm and today we had snow. There's something not quite right about snow on green grass.
Yep, that's a nearly full box of 375 q-tips scattered on the floor. He's quick.
P.S. our new bedtime routine is still going well. Miles always cries as I'm leaving, but as soon as I'm out he instantly recovers.





1 comment:
Have you ever heard of "Your Baby Can Read"? Lately I'm an infomercial queen, but I've seen this on a few times and am thinking of getting the program. Miles' signing made me think of it...you might check it out!
Post a Comment