Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Toddler Neckties
About a week before our holiday picture session I started thinking about what the boys should wear. I only booked a session because I got a good deal and I didn't want to spend much on new clothes. Their outfits turned out super duper cute and it was all done on the cheap. Both dress shirts and sweaters came from a resale store so they were bargains and I made the ties. That's right, I made them. I saw some at a local boutique store for $23 a piece and decided that it was not worth $50 to have the boys wearing ties for a half hour. I found a necktie coloring sheet online and used that to get the shape right. Then I cut a strip for the collar and finished it off with elastic in the back. I am not known for my sewing skills so if I can do it literally anyone could. There was a little trial and error with the first tie, but once I had a plan the second tie took about 10 minutes. It was actually a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Good job...so cute! You are going to get hooked on sewing before you know it. My problem now is just finding the time to sit down and do it!
Cute ties! You could have a etsy site just for toddler ties! :)
Post a Comment