Monday, August 16, 2010
Manners Fail
Miles has been great with some manners and not so great with others. We've been especially working on interrupting. He likes to have my complete attention at all times so if I am talking to someone besides him he often interrupts with a loud chant of "NO TALKING!" Sometimes I let it slide because I understand that he wants to have some mommy time after a day apart, but there are times when information needs to be exchanged. Grandma may have information to share about the boys' day or mommy & daddy may want to converse about the day's events. I think he's old enough to understand and to learn a little patience so I'm trying not to let it slide anymore. Grandma has been working with him too and had taught him to say, "excuse me, I have something to say" when he needed to interrupt. Last week I picked him up from grandma's and as she was telling me how the day went Miles started in with his "NO TALKING!" When asked what he was supposed to say if he needed to interrupt he politely said, "excuse me I have something to say" at which point we all turned our attention to him and he followed with, "I wanted to say NO TALKING!" Manners fail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment