38 weeks and this baby's still cooking. I almost wish the doctor hadn't declared two weeks ago that it would be "any day" because then I wouldn't have put so much effort into preparing early. I feel like we're always on call. Cell phone at the ready, bags packed, prepared to rush to the hospital at any moment. Birth isn't supposed to feel like an emergency waiting to happen. Now with the added pressure of the doctor saying that because I have made so much progress, we will have very little time when active labor strikes it's been a bit tense. Oddly I feel okay about it. I would like to make it to the hospital, but a short labor does sound pretty ideal. As far as I know I'm still sitting at 5cm tracking the contractions and waiting for something to happen.
We've been talking more about Emmett to get Miles ready. So far it appears that he's pretty excited. He talks to my belly, he knows the baby gear which has recently reappeared is for Emmett, and he has enjoyed opening baby gifts always asking, "that for Miles?" He seems to delight in the doubling of some things always pointing it out with satisfaction. "Two diaper pails, one for Miles and one for Emmett." The wooden letters on the wall, "that say Emmett, that say Miles." Some things he seems more possessive of. He's always been fascinated by what happens to things that Casey puts in the attic. For example, he regularly asks about his high chair even though he hasn't used it in several months. Now that I mentioned using the high chair for Emmett, Miles likes to follow up his question of, "what happened to my high chair" with an "I need it." Luckily he probably won't remember that most of the baby gear used to be his. I can't wait for them to meet.





No comments:
Post a Comment