Our big family Easter is next weekend, but we did our own mini egg hunt in the backyard on Saturday to practice. Miles knew exactly what to do and had fun. At first he refused to use the basket and we got tickled watching him try to carry all the eggs with no basket. He got a plush duck which has already become a favorite toy. Duck was his very first word and he has always loved ducks.
Miles has become a regular jabber box and he's learning more and more words every day. He now interacts with people in public saying hi, bye, or thank you. He also sings which is super cute and he's started calling me momma instead of dada. He also has a few key phrases that he likes such as "oh my", "whatcha wanna do?", "uh oh", "ice please", "I need that", and my favorite "I rascal" (said with his best mischevious grin). Grandma taught him rascal. He just talks and talks until I get out the video camera and then he has nothing to say.
Before
After
I did some spring sprucing to our desperately neglected bedroom. I realized shortly after the time change that we were going to need some more substantial window treatments. I found some thermal, room darkening drapes from JCP and they work great! I added the box springs back to our bed and without the bed frame it is still low enough for Miles. I added a bed skirt to cover the box springs and we propped our headboard against the wall so we almost have a real bed again. I found a new quilt which does look a lot like the old quilt except that it fits our tall mattress better and I added some new decorative accents. I can't believe how happy I am to have this room looking better.





2 comments:
Your bedroom looks great! It's nice to see a picture of your mom, Miles looks very happy with his grandma!:)
Amy
Post a Comment