Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Passing Inspection


Miles had his 9 month check up yesterday. He weighed in at 23 lbs and was 31.25 inches long. He is still 75th percentile on his weight and 90th percentile on his height. Our doctor said that he will be over 6 ft tall as an adult. She says if you double their height at 18 months you get their adult height. The best we can tell this rogue tall gene is on my side. My brother is also over 6 ft even though my parents are average sized. The doctor also mentioned the w word (weaning). It seems so ridiculous that there is all this pressure to breast feed in the beginning, but then the few of us who are able to make it work get chastized only a few months later. Who ever decided that 12 months is the magical weaning age anyway? I'm a fan of baby led weaning and I will just have to see if I think Miles is ready at one. Miles preformed all his tricks like a little circus monkey. When the doctor started asking about milestones and mentioned patty cake he immediately started clapping. Then, when she asked if he could wave he started furiously waving his arm like a crazy person. So in the end we got the stamp of approval and we got away without a shot this time.

In other news, we are closing on our house tomorrow and we will spend this weekend moving in. We are very excited!

1 comment:

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

My pediatrician still gives the kids tests… But luckily we too passed with flying colors. The last test was for Miss Emma when she turned 4 years old. Our pediatrician asked her to recite her ABC’s and numbers. Emma gets a little confused still after she passes ten but she shined and did really good and made it to twenty with very few mistakes and got her sticker! I was sweating it for her so I was so relieved because I didn’t want the “look” from our pediatrician! Share some pics of your new house when you get all moved in! I love going on “house tours” in the blog world. :) Have fun moving. Hopefully it won’t be too hot! ~Amy