Emmett was all about some hiking. Never mind the path; he was a bulldozer. In fact I had to do a bit of corralling to keep him headed in the right direction.
Probably the best part about the park was the free roaming animals. We saw a lot of lone buffalo and then we happened upon this whole herd. We also saw a longhorn, but of course that was when I didn't have the camera on me.
Because of the drought there was a burn ban, but we came prepared with charcoal which we were allowed to use in the grates. It wasn't quite as fun as roasting over an open flame, but with Emmett's fearless nature I'm not sure a fire on the ground would have been a good idea anyway.
We took a gorgeous drive to the top of Mt. Scott and we had fantastic views from up there. Because Emmett had been all over the place on the trails below and because there was no more than a few larger rocks separating us from the the edge we decided to keep Emmett in the car. Casey and I took turns exploring with Miles and Emmett was tired enough that he didn't mind being in the car.





No comments:
Post a Comment