Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Emmett Lee Shults

We are 24 weeks today and I had a day of doctor's appointments. We had a level 2 ultrasound this morning to check out some pooling blood (placental lakes). There is sometimes a concern that pooling blood may mean less blood for baby which can mean slower growth rates, but this baby is measuring right on target for 24 weeks. Actually he measured 24 weeks 2 days. The doctors have assured me that it's nothing to worry about and it was kind of fun to get an extra peek at baby. This afternoon I had my regular monthly check up and everything is looking good so far. I feel like I am getting bigger everyday.


We also agreed on a name, Emmett Lee. Lee is my dad's middle name and since we did a family name for Miles' middle name we wanted to continue that with Emmett. Emmett we just liked- not too common, not too weird, and goes well with Miles.

Miles is starting to understand more and more. He knows the baby's name is Emmett, that the baby is in mommy's tummy, and that he will come out when he gets big. Last week he lifted my shirt, pressed his face to my belly and said, "Emmett come out!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything is going well with baby Emmett...I love the name by the way!

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

Good to hear everything is going well! It is neat to take a peek at baby! And Emmett is a cute name! I have a thing for "E" names! :)