Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

We started with a family pool party in Shawnee on Saturday. It was fun, but very, very hot! Miles really enjoyed the water and was not the least bit scared of the big pool. Casey had to work, but luckily Grandpa was on hand to help me keep him wrangled.


Sunday Casey and I had a lunch date and then embarked on a shopping spree to stock up on essentials for his upcoming conference at work. He only buys clothes this one time per year which is always right in the middle of the back to school madness. Sigh. He hates shopping so it's hard to get what we need before he gets bored with it and decides to quit.

Me: What size pants do you wear?

Casey: I don't know

Me: What size are the pants you have on?

Casey: I don't know

Me: Let's start with these.

Casey: These fit, let's go

Me: Are you going to come out and show me?

Casey: (stepping out of the door) They fit

Me: They look a little long. Do you want to try the next shorter length.

Casey: No, this is my size

Me: "your" size, you don't even know your size. They look bunchy at your feet.

Casey: I like them that way.

Me: You'll just step on them and ruin the hem.

Casey: I won't step on them if I'm wearing shoes.

Me: Yes, but they will still look bunchy.

Casey: I like them bunchy so they don't look like high waters when I sit down.

Me: Okay, what about the casual pants?

Casey: They're the same size, I don't need to try them on.

Me: Don't you usually like your casual pants a little more baggy than the pants you get for work?

Casey: Bring me the next size up

Shirt selection was even more tedious and I won't even go into his reaction when I suggested a pair of flip flops for the pool. In Casey's world men don't wear shorts and flip flops are only for prison. You can imagine how easy he is to shop for. Casey only managed to find two pairs of pants and one shirt that met all his narrow criteria and as it turns out he already has a shirt almost exactly like the one he bought. He decided to call it quits and we agreed he would look for shoes online.

In other news, I have my 18 week ultrasound on the 25th so we should find out the sex of the baby then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the clothes shopping with the hubs...it must be a guy thing because Michael is the same way! I can't believe you are already almost 18 weeks...I can't wait to find out! We need to have another playdate soon...maybe next week?

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

Oh how exciting! Ethan and Emma loved the ultrasound! Are you still hoping for a boy? Wow, 18 weeks it is flying for you! I'll hit my 30 week in a few days. I know so many people that are pregnant. Seven of my friends here in Cedar Rapids! It is the year for babies, I guess. Stay cool.