Monday, May 11, 2009

Budding Artist


Miles loves art. He likes crayons, chalk, painting, and play-doh. I'm surprised that he has the attention span to sit and create. Honestly I thought he'd probably just eat the play-doh, but he doesn't. He loves using cookie cutters to stamp out various shapes and letters. He's very serious about his art and when he's really working hard his little concentration tongue starts wagging. So cute! Last week I showed him how to make a hand print with paint and now it's hard to convince him not to paint himself all the time. I think we're going to try finger paints next.


He also loves music and likes to sing. He picks up tunes after only hearing them once or twice. We have a classical baby DVD with a mambo number that Miles asks for by name, "more mambo" and if you don't give in, "mambo, mambo, mambo, mambo." He's very persistent. He conducts when he listens to the song and he likes to dance. This weekend I caught him doing a fluttering twirly dance to Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers. It was one of the cutest things I've seen in a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute...I wonder what Matthew will be like at that age...I can't imagine him sitting still for even a minute!

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

Looks like fun! You're going to have to get an easel, we bought one for Emma because she loves to paint and we use it all the time! Miles has great taste in movies! We didn't like Madagascar 2 near as well as the first. Cars was Ethan's fav and he loved the music. We would play the sound track with the stereo turned up loud with our surround sound and base going and pretend we were racing through the house! Great fun! Have a good weekend!

Amy